Monday, June 8, 2009

Sunday Lunch

I revised/added to/took away from/ was inspired by a recipe on the back of a pasta box, and came up with a delicious Sunday lunch.
First, in case you don't know my cooking style it's this. EASY, cut corners, quick. I'm not really proud of that, I'd like to be the chick who can pull Sunday dinners from the pages of magazines, but in reality, I usually find a recipe like this:
recipezaar.com
search: "Easy ____" fill in the blank. I actually preface all searches with "easy."

Okay, so back to the yummy lunch:

Make 1/2 to 3/4 box of whole wheat linguine. I threw in 2 chicken bouillon cubes, because you need chick broth later, and this seemed easier.

In the mean time, chop up a couple pieces of bacon, I think I used about 5...and cook them in a LARGE skillet until your desired crispiness. Then add a cut up onion, and 2-3 minced garlic cloves and cook 3-4 more minutes.

When the pasta is finished, drain, reserving 1-1 1/2 cups of the now broth.

Add the broth to the skillet, and cook another minute, getting all the good bacon and garlic and onion goo off the bottom, then add about 1/2 a bag of spinach--more if you want, until just wilted. Next I added a cup or so of chopped up tomatoes, because they were in the fridge left over from tacos...good idea Terri!

Add the pasta and toss...

Take off the heat, and throw in a handful or, let's be honest, as much Feta as you can. I topped it with pepper and this really good roasted garlic and sea salt that my mom got at Costco--but just salt works.

I should have taken a picture, but I was too busy putting it in my belly.

Make it, then tell me what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know my google blog reader says you updated but that the post is gone now. Keep it up! I'll write again this week too!

    ReplyDelete