Sunday, January 27, 2013

Graphic Art






















I've had my eye on these prints for a while. Our friends Scott and Emily have the one representing Germantown, and I'm drawn to it every time I'm at their house.  We bought the same print for our very missed neighbors and best friends, the Paces for Christmas. You'll see Nord's Bakery is featured, the place that inspired the poetry in my last post. I then bought and framed both the Germantown and Highlands print for me, I mean, Lachlan. We've spent most of our adult years in apartments and houses in the Highlands and Germantown neighborhoods in Louisville, KY. We are happily settled in our Indiana home, but a piece of me will always long for a little camel back or bungalow within walking distance of a coffee shop, countless local eateries, hardware stores and gift shops. We have them in our dining room, and every time I catch a glimpse, my heart is happy with all the memories it stirs up. It's like a snapshot of home.

The prints are by Madpixel, and can be purchased at one of our favorite stores Why Louisville, for $25.


We are still deciding if we like the casual "lean" of the prints, or if we are going to hang them. What do you think?







2 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with that gtown print. Forgive me if I copy off of ya'll

    ReplyDelete